Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

After a 15 min. ride on the red-line and stepping off at Addison we reached my 2nd happiest place on earth (the 1st is at home with Sahra and our girls.) I still couldn't believe we were here, it took me 30 years and 6 days to get here. It was well worth the wait!
Since we arrived before the gates to Wrigley opened we walked around the friendly confines and took photos of this historical site. This is one of many photos we took, we then ate at the famous Harry Caray's tavern located on Sheffield and Addison.
The suspense was killing me, once inside I must have looked like a child on xmas morning. I don't think there was one minute I wasn't smiling. What a breath taking moment, and one that I will never forget. My wife is the greatest!!
We were honored to be at Wrigley to see Derek Lee receive his Gold Glove for his outstanding defense he played during the '07 season. This wasn't our first brush with Lee while there. The next day we were walking through concessions and Derek walked right by us. All I can say is watching him on TV does not do him justice. This guy was huge!! I barely came up to his elbow and before we could grab our camera he was gone:( Still pretty cool to see him up close in person!
Did I mention that my wife was the GREATEST!! This was right before she got another BP ball from one of the METS players. He must have been caught by her good looks, wouldn't you??

1 comment:

nicole said...

I have never been to Chicago!! How fun is that?? I'm so glad you guys got to go and spend a lifetime experience together:) Have a good day!